How wonderful to be approaching the a new year, full of new and exciting possibilities for your business! Hopefully 2015 was a busy and prosperous year for you.
As 2015 is coming to a close & we're all looking forward to 2016, now is the time to sit down & plan your year ahead. All the successful beauty clinics & spas plan ahead and design a promotion - be it in treatment or retail - for every month of the calendar year to ensure the growth of their business.
Now's the ideal time to create a full annual calendar of exciting monthly marketing promotions that are client and community oriented. If you find the thought of doing this is overwhelming & daunting, I suggest you take a notepad & go sit on the beach, your favourite café or somewhere outside where the fresh air can stimulate your creative juices. If you have a team, get them involved! This a great way to make them feel part of your business and get them motivated and excited about what the New Year will bring for your business.
It's all about being proactive rather than reactive.
If you're one of those salon owners that find the thought of doing this bewildering and exhausting before you have even started, don't fear! Here are a few ideas to help you get your creative juices flowing, get focussed and started:
If you have staff, end this year with an informal, interactive staff meeting where everyone must come prepared to share at least 5 of their own fresh promotional ideas that will:
- Attract new clients
- Keep regular clients coming back again and again
- Introduce regulars clients to try new treatments
- Get your salon more involved in your local community
Creating your Promotional Calendar
It is a good idea to focus on a special theme or a prospective new client base every month of the year. Doing this keeps it interesting and exciting not only for your regular clients; but also for your staff. It also gives you an opportunity to introduce your regular clients to new treatments they wouldn’t normally book in for, or target a brand new client base.
Remember to check with your current suppliers to find out what promotions they already have planned for 2016 – it makes sense to join in with their promotions! Very often they'll have targeted stock on special & wonderful tools to help you run a successful promotion.
Make sure to:
- Notify your regular, loyal clients of your upcoming promotion. Make a phone call - they will appreciate the personal touch!
- Announce your new promotion well in advance in your monthly newsletter (don't just rely on Facebook)
- Have your retail display match & compliment your promotion
- Make sure all your staff are informed and excited!
- January: New Year - New You! Focus on Total Body Treatments & Make-Overs
- February: Valentines Sweetheart/ Couples Treatments. Gift Vouchers!
- March: Make Summer Last! – Spray Tanning & Pretty Feet Promotion
- April: Autumn Celebration – Focus on Skin Regenerating Treatments
- May: Special Mother's Day Treatments & Gift Vouchers
- June: Winter Solstice Celebration – Focus on Active Skin Treatments & Products
- July: School Holiday Promotion – Mother-Daughter Packages
- August: Create your own Tropical Escape Promotion – Spay Tanning or Exotic Body Treatment
- September: Special Fathers Day Treatments & Gift Vouchers
- October: Spring Specials – Get Your Body Summer Ready!
- November: Summer Count-down Promotion – Waxing!
- December: Christmas Gift Voucher Promotions