Plan your weekend at New Zealands only trade event for the hair and beauty industry, the NZ Hair and Beauty Expo!
Plan your weekend at New Zealand’s only trade event for the hair and beauty industry, the NZ Hair and Beauty Expo!
Get hands-on with product, learn new techniques, be inspired by expert salon coaches and network with more than 2,700 beauty therapists, hairdressers and industry professionals, champagne in-hand at the Expo’s all-new Champagne Lounge!
Dates: Saturday 13 July, Sunday 14 July
Venue: ASB Showgrounds
Get the online show guide: Sign up at www.nzbeautyexpo.com
Get tickets: www.nzbeautyexpo.com
This July the Expo returns bigger and brighter than ever before with a host of returning and exciting new exhibitors. Here’s your guide to planning your weekend at the Expo.
Before you go
- NOW: Follow the Expo on social media to win amazing prizes and get a chance to win free tickets! @nzhairandbeautyexpo
- FROM 1 JULY 2019: Sign up at www.nzbeautyexpo.com for the online show guide so you can plan your day (hurrah for reducing waste!)
- 2 DAYS OUT: Download the visitor app at www.nzbeautyexpo.com
Our Top Education Picks
- Salon owner or aspiring salon owner? Uncover the 7-most common mistakes salon owners make (and how to overcome them) with Jay Chapman, salon coach.
Saturday 13 July, 10.30 AM – Symposium
- If you're ready to improve your salon or spa business and live a fuller, more balanced life, Malcolm Gibbons, salon business coach, is one to listen to.
Saturday 13 July, 1.00 PM – Education Stage
Our Top Pamper Picks
- Sip on champers at the Champagne Lounge
- Have your nails buffed at the Indulge You Spa and feel good ‘cause the proceeds go to Youthline
INDUSTRY TRENDS – WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE EXPO
This year’s Expo reflects the rise of interest in vegan-friendly, cruelty-free products with several exhibitors, including Beauty Spot’s LiLash and Caithy Organics, championing ‘good’ products.
“Brows are the new black,” says Lisa Best, Lashworx. “Brow fashion has changed dramatically over the years and thank goodness it’s turned back to having strong brows with products that help brow growth, and brow butters to define and enhance.”
“Safe lashing is becoming a growing concern. We have learnt over the years that we can’t afford to continue damaging natural lashes by continuing to place heavy lashes that are too long for their natural lash. Flat lashes overcome this problem with those wanting heavier looking lashes.”
“Multi-purposed builder gels are in – these are gels in a bottle than can be used on natural nails for support, and to set nail art gems and embellishments,” says Magpie Beauty NZ’s Belinda Roux. “Non-toxic ingredients in products are becoming more and more important.”
While some things change, cult best-sellers St Tropez, Fudge, OPI and Eye of Horus will all be found at the Expo.
- SYMPOSIUM PICKS
This year our Symposium top picks encourage therapists to go deeper and look to underlying issues that impact skin and hair. Expert speakers equip you with an understanding of the connections between stress, the gut, and beauty. Salon owner? Phillip Gould’s session is a must-go.
- Mikki Williden on “The Gut Instinct”
Mikki will discuss the connection between digestive health and overall wellbeing, the key triggers that increase gut problems, and how to maintain good gut health.
Saturday 13 July, 1.30PM – 2.30PM
- Gay Wardle on “How stress is changing our skin”
Gay looks at the stress epidemic, the devastation it causes and how the skin will respond.
Saturday 13 July, 1.30PM – 2.30PM
- Philip Gould on “Why commission-based incentives don’t work (and what does) and how to better communicate with staff”
As CEO and Partner in Les Mills, Phillip helped build the world’s most successful Group Fitness Programs. Join Philip for an action-packed hour suited to salon owners.
Saturday 13 July, 12.00PM – 1.00PM
- EDUCATION STAGE PICKS
The Education Stage will be pumping with a catwalk fashion show, the 2019 Nail Champion Awards, and a series of masterclasses that everyone with a general admission ticket is welcome to attend. Our top picks reflect over-arching industry trends that every therapist is talking about at the moment, and all-important profit-making masterclasses to help you drive revenue in your salon;
- Skin tightening using a plasma pen
Saturday 13 July, 3.00 PM, Sunday 14 July, 11.00 AM
- Microblading techniques with PhiBrows
Saturday 13 July, 10.45 AM, Sunday 14 July, 1.00 PM
- Learn how to increase profit per client in the salon with 5 simple yet impressive makeup designs
Saturday 13 July, 11.30 AM, Sunday 14 July 11.45AM
- Learn how to add value with spray-tanning
Saturday 13 July, 12:15 PM
Shaughan Woodcock, NZ Hair and Beauty Expo, firstname.lastname@example.org, 021 744 138
Annie Shearer, RECIPE Marketing, email@example.com, 021 770 110