Cocoon Beauty and Day Spa was born in Kaiapoi in 2006. It is owned and run by mother and daughter team: Sally and Jess Telfer. Jess graduated from the National School of Aesthetics (NaSA) in May 2008 with both NZ and International Qualifications (ITEC). Sally brought with her vast experience in business and accounting, having owned various businesses over the years. The one thing this mother and daughter team have in common is a passion for the Appearance and Well Being industry.
Cocoon has grown to the success it is today mainly by word of mouth, and the spa is now considered the beauty clinic of choice for many locals in North Canterbury. In April 2009 Cocoon Spa relocated to 160 High Street Rangiora to accommodate this growth.
As well as winning Runner Up Best NZ Clinic at the NZ Beauty Awards, Cocoon has enjoyed many successes, including:
- In September 2014, Cocoon Beauty & Day Spa were the proud winners of "Premier Image Skincare Clinic 2013-2014" award.
- Being named as one of 7 finalists at the 2013 NZ Beauty Awards in the “Best Clinic” Category.
- Courtney joined Cocoon as a junior in 2011, and is now an exceptional senior therapist, and acts as Assistant Manager.
- Jessica (different to the owner Jess) is a very talented Junior Therapist and joined Cocoon in 2014 after graduating from NaSA.
- Julie is invaluable as clinic co-ordinator and always has a friendly smile for our clients.
- Sian is a part time receptionist for Cocoon as she works towards a qualification in Makeup Artistry.
'Premier Image Skincare Clinic' in 2014. We strongly believe in a holistic approach to healthy skin, and began stocking Bestow Skin Supplements in 2014, which beautifully compliments our topical skincare ranges."
|When asked what this award means to them, Jess says: "Being chosen as runner up for Best Business Model 2015 means the world to us. When we purchased the business, one of the goals we gave ourselves was to enter the NZ Beauty Awards. To have made it this far has really validated the direction we are heading in as a business. Recognition on a National scale like this is has also allowed us to reward our team – the entire team flew to Auckland for the awards, and the excitement and pride we saw from our team members really does make it all worth while!"
Future plans for Cocoon include entering the local North Canterbury Business Awards, and the Top Shop Awards. Jess explains "We find entering awards such as these are really motivating, as they require you to really define your goals and dreams on paper!"